With an account you can save your favourite properties, add search profiles, be notified of changes, and more.
Information regarding the check-out
Tenants must leave the rented property clean and tidy at the check-out. After the check-out a final cleaning will be arranged with kkamsterdam. The cleaning costs shall be paid by the tenant and will be settled with the deposit or the payable amount will be invoiced to the tenant.
1. State of the rented object at the check-out
We mean the following with leaving the rented property tidy and clean:
- The floors have been vacuumed and mopped;
- Sofas / sofa beds and beds have been vacuumed and dusted;
- Cobwebs have been removed;
- Cabinets / shelves have been cleaned;
- Lime and mold in the bathroom and / or kitchen have been removed. In this respect check the ceilings, floors, tiles, water taps and the shower head;
- The toilet has been cleaned. The toilet bowl and the toilet seat must be visibly clean;
- The detergent compartment, the rubber around the door and the glass of the washing machine have been cleaned;
- The water tank from the tumble dryer has been emptied and the filter has been cleaned;
- The apartment has been aired.
- Remove items like garbage and empty botttles.
2. The final cleaning
The final cleaning means that the rented property will be thoroughly cleaned by cleaners to be appointed by us.
- Cracks, crevices, the top of wardrobes and other hard-to-reach places receive extra attention;
- The bathroom will be disinfected;
- The kitchen cabinets will be cleaned both inside and out. If necessary, all items in them will be cleaned separately;
- Ceiling fans, light hoods, electrical switches and door handles will be cleaned;
- All windows will be washed inside and out;
- Ventilation openings and blinds will be cleaned;
- If the curtains are dirty or do not smell fresh, they will be washed, steamed or chemically cleaned. These costs shall be paid by the tenant.
Here you can read more about the final cleaning.
3. Other important matters to arrange before the check-out
When the rental agreement comes to an end we will schedule a check-out with you. The following is important for you to remember:
- Inform the utility companies where you have your gas and electricity contract that you are about to move out of the address for which these contracts are set up. We note the meter readings of the gas and electricity meter during the check-out. Please provide these meter readings to the utility company after the check-out.
- Inform Waternet that you are about to move out. We note the meter reading of the water meter during the check-out. Please provide this meter reading to Waternet after the check-out.
- In general TV & internet subscriptions must be canceled 1 month in advance. Do not forget to return the modem which you have received.
- If applicable, please inform us about any damage to the rented property where we should be aware of.
- All keys must be returned at the check-out. After the check-out it is no longer possible to stay in the rented property nor to come back.
- When you rented a furnished property, all furniture must be present at the property and be placed on the places where they were at the time of the check-in.
- Stored items must be put back in the property, unless otherwise agreed with the landlord. If such agreements have been made with the landlord, please inform us about them in advance.
- All light bulbs and halogen lamps must be in working condition. In this respect think of the floor lamps and ceiling lights, and do not forget the lights in the refrigerator and the extraction hood.
- Deregister at the Municipality within 5 working days after the check-out.
- Arrange your mail will be forwarded to your new address. please check for help the following link : www.postnl.nl/ontvangen/doorsturen-en-bewaren/verhuisservice/#s_7799
4. Set bed linen included when renting a furnished apartment
In some furnished properties we rent with us, all beds will be made at the check-in with a new set of bed linen. A set of bed linen consists of a protective cover for the mattress, a bottom sheet, a duvet cover, a protective cover for the pillow and a pillowcase. This (Ikea) set costs € 75,00 which is payable by the tenant. This amount will be deducted from the security deposit after the check-out. The set of bed linen belongs to the tenant and can be taken with you after the check-out.